A static website is suitable for those clients not requiring a large number of pages, where there is no need for frequent updates (changes) of content, or when there is no need for interaction with visitors. The overall activity of static website is reduced to a visitor viewing content, as those websites can neither collect information about the visitor nor display (generate) any data on the visitor’s activity.
Advantages of static web sites:
• Faster making.
• Easier and faster SEO optimisation.
• Do not require a database.
• Faster loading then dynamic web sites.
• They are less vulnerable to “hacker” attacks because they do not have security vulnerabilities, but only if other security factors are met such as: correct configuration and security of hosting servers, proper storage and use of access data for web hosting or FTP account.
• There is no need for updating, additional protection, or upgrading.
Shortcomings of static web sites:
• Inability to interact with visitors (contact form, various surveys, polls, adds , Internet sales, etc.)
• Inability to change content. A static website can only be updated by an expert.
• Not suitable for sites with a large number of pages.