Search engine optimization (SEO) is one complex area and in order not to overload you with too many information, in this text we will describe and provide only basic information that influences the ranking of the website on search engines.
SEO is an abbreviation of Search Engine Optimization. SEO is a set of activities, actions, strategies, and techniques that are used to improve the position of search results in a web search engines such as: Google, Yahoo, Bing … There are currently over 200 factors that affect SEO. These factors often change and depend on Internet search engines which regularly improve their algorithms to make website appearance more relevant when displaying search results.
In general, an SEO strategy can be divided into two categories: On-page optimization and Off-page optimization.
On page optimization includes all the activities and techniques that are related to the elements of the optimized website. One part of on-page optimization depends on the creation of the website itself, while the other part depends on the activity and the strategy implemented when creating the structure of the website and pages, writing texts, etc.
On Page SEO includes some of the following activities:
– Customizing the title to include relevant keywords
– Customizing content and page structure with keywords
– Creating a friendly URL
– Structure of the program code (H tags, meta tags, semantically correct and optimized program code …)
– Creating an XML Sitemap (Site Map)
– Creating internal links and linking pages according to the content
– Optimize images (file names, ALT tags, format and size …)
– Basic Data Markup (Schema.org) on a web site that is standardized for most web browsers (Google, Yahoo, Bing …)
Unlike on page optimization, Off page optimization includes all activities that do not relate to the elements of the optimized web site itself, but exclusively to those activities outside of the website. In principle, it is the technique you want to point to your website or to a particular site using other websites.
Off Page SEO includes some of the following activities:
– Page building (building a network of links leading to a web site)
– Activity on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram …)
– Publishing video content (YouTube, Vimeo …)
– Login and activity on Google Business service
– Web site registration in online directories and online business addresses
– Activities on Internet forums or other relevant websites
Being among the first in Google search is the desire of most web site owners, because their business success depends on how easy customers can reach them. This is a long-lasting and constant process that can not be done on a one-time basis. Anyone who claims that your website will be the first in Google after offering to “customize” your web site, in the best way, does not tell the truth. This was possible a few years ago when there was no large competition and when the number of websites on the Internet was much smaller than today. Putting that period beyond us, the algorithms that search engines use when ranking websites have drastically changed.
As we have already mentioned, the positioning of your website depends on many factors and this is a constant and lengthy process. In order to position your website step ahead of the competition, it must be better optimized for search engines compared to competing websites. Optimization does not only mean technical details, but also having a high quality content that will attract and retain visitors, which is one of the most important aspects of a good website.